The New Zealand Qualifications Authority is the standard-setting and monitoring organization for education and training in New Zealand.
Training providers registered with NZQA are required to maintain high standards of delivery, accountability, reporting and assessment.
An "NZQA" approved qualification on your CV, or your professional Certificate, says to an employer or client that you have completed training to a particular standard that is nationally recognisable.
Most training organizations recognise prior learning from other providers, so you can "cross-reference" your NZQA credits from provider to provider.
NZQA carry out regular audits of their providers to ensure that standards are being maintained. Providers pay for these, which is why fees for NZQA-approved training programmes tend to be higher than for non-NZQA. However, there are upsides;
- Students can complain to NZQA if they feel a provider has not met their stated obligations.
- You are assured of quality training to a national standard.
- Your training will be recognised across the country, and possibly in other countries as well; New Zealand qualifications are highly regarded internationally.
- Your NZQA credits are valuable; they demonstrate your commitment to seeking quality training from reputable providers.
- Your fees are protected.
- Because HHT Ltd is a relatively small provider, we can keep our fees manageable, but still have the quality assurance.
NZQA are at;
160 The Terrace,
Phone 04 802 3000