Holistic Massage Therapy
Holistic Health Training offers an NZQA-approved short practitioner training course available by workshop or tutorial.
Click here to go to the Tutorial training page.
Holistic massage is an effective, simple therapy that is easily learned, and can be delivered to a standard where it will have a beneficial effect by almost anybody. The key lies in understanding the anatomy and functioning of not only the musculo-skeletal system - bones, joints and muscles - but also the Nervous System. A positive relationship between therapist and client creates a climate where powerful self-healing mechanisms can be activated, leading to immediate benefits across a wide range of conditions.
Massage has been used by many cultures for thousands of years. It is a simple way for people to take responsibility for many aspects of their own health and well-being, especially in our fast-paced, high-stress world.
1. Theory of Holistic Massage Therapy - how does it work?
2. The function of the Nervous System in Massage.
3. Need-to-know Anatomy and Physiology.
4. Essential practitioner skills for effective therapy.
5. Establishing emotional, environmental and cultural safety.
6. Hands-on techniques;
· Acupressure and trigger-point release.
Whole-body techniques for addressing the back, shoulders, legs, feet, arms, hands, neck, face and scalp are demonstrated, with opportunities for lots of supervised practise.
To receive the Certificate of Competence, you must complete the following requirements.
1. Attend a 16-hour approved workshop, or contract with the tutor for one-to-one or small-group tutorials (usually 10 - 12 hours).[read more]
2. Complete a short written assignment.
3. Undertake 6 practise sessions in your own time.
4. Carry out a 2-hour, one-to-one Assessment session with the tutor and demonstrate competence across a range of skills.
The course comes with a comprehensive illustrated Manual and Massage Techniques DVD (a take-home tutorial) at $60.00.
Criteria for the Assessment are clearly outlined, and you can use them during your practise sessions.
Fees vary depending on the location of the workshop and the number of participants. As a general guideline, the course will cost approximately $600.00. The assessment is optional, and is charged separately.
Workshops can be arranged anywhere in New Zealand. For South Island locations, a minimum of 6 people is required. For North Island locations, a minimum of 10 people is required. Email Lynda for more information.
If you organise a workshop in your area (put up advertising, arrange a suitable venue, etc) you attend the workshop for a 50% reduction in the fee.
To learn more about upcoming courses, or to contact the tutor about arranging a course near you, click on a contact button anywhere on the site.